I know in Word 2003 to insert a watermark into a document you would go to Format then background then text watermark does anyone know how I do that in word 2007? thanks
thanks missb i kept trying to look in the insert tab this worked perfectly
2. In the "Page Background" group, click the "Watermark" command.
Adding a background watermark to a Word 2007 document
You can select one of the default watermarks such as "CONFIDENTIAL 1", "DO NOT COPY", or "URGENT 1". Or, click on the "Custom Watermark" button to open the "Printed Watermark" dialog box.
Adding / Modifying a custom document watermark
From here you have many options:
* Click the "No watermark" button to remove the current watermark. This can also be done directly from the ribbon - just select the "Remove Watermark" option.
* Click the "Picture watermark" to use a picture as the watermark.
- Click the "Select Picture" button to choose your desired image.
- Click "Scale" to adjust the scale of the image as needed so it appears as desired without being too large or too small.
- Check or uncheck the "Washout" button as desired so the watermark does / does not interfere with the rest of the document.
* Click the "Text watermark" to create a text watermark of your choosing.
- Click the "Language" pull-down to modify the watermark's language. This may or may not be useful for you.
- Next to "Text" enter your desired watermark text.
- Change the watermark font with the "Font" pull-down.
- The watermark size defaults to "Auto" to ensure it appears correctly on paper. If you want to tweak this, click the "Size" pull-down.
- Click the "Color" pull-down to give the watermark a colored tint.
- Check or uncheck "Semitransparent" to wash out or prevent washing out the watermark text.
- The pull-downs next to "Layout" determine whether the watermark should appear diagonally or horizontally.
When done, click the "OK" dialog box.